1/2 cup rice
5 cups water
1 chicken leg - cut into small pieces
1 inch ginger
3 stalks celery, sliced - I omit this
1 carrot, sliced
1 star anise
2 - 3 cardamom seeds
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a pot, heat the oil on medium high. Add star anise and cardamom seeds. Stir until fragrant
2. Add ginger and chicken. Continue stirring.
3. Add rice and water and let it boil. Turn the heat down to medium and continue boiling.
4. Add salt and white pepper, stir and taste.
5. Add in the celery and carrot. Stir occasionally and continue boiling for another 30 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Note : It is nice to be eaten with pickled sour green mustard.
Source : http://www.saltandturmeric.com