1 whole chicken
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp ginger juice
1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Marinate chicken for 30 minutes
2. Roast chicken for 45 minutes or until chicken turns brown at 200 degrees celcius.
4 cups of rice
1 tbsp butter or margarine
6 slice of ginger
6 cloves of garlic
2 pandan leaves or screwpine leaves. knotted
7 cups of chicken stock
1. Wash and clean the rice in several changes of water
2. Drain rice well in a colander.
3. Whisk ginger and garlic in a blender until fine
4. Melt butter or margarine in a deep pot.
5. Saute blended garlic and ginger until fragrant.
6. Add rice and stir well to mix and cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Transfer the rice to a rice cooker and add enough chicken stock and pandan leaves to cook the rice.
100 gm chicken carcass or chicken fat with skin
1/2 chicken cube
3 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
1. Whisk ginger and garlic in a blender until fine.
2. Bring enough water to boil in a large pot.
3. Add chicken carcass, blended ginger and garlic, chicken cube and salt to taste.
4. Cook for 10 -15 minutes.
half of the tomatoes
6 red chilies
1 clove garlic
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp chicken stock
1. Blend all sauce ingredients with chicken stock until fine
2. Adjust seasoning by adding salt, sugar and lime juice.
Note: The remaining chicken stock can be used as a soup when serving. I also add celery stalk in the soup. Served the chicken rice with tomatoes, cucumber and butterhead lettuce.