1 kg chicken
400 ml coconut milk
3 turmeric leaf - shredded ( substitute with kaffir lime leaves )
1 chicken cube
2 tbsp grated coconut
1 piece dried tamarind skin
(A) Ingredients to be finely pounded and mixed
5 cloves garlic
2 inch galangal
4 inch ginger
5 stalks lemon grass
1 tbsp coriander
1 tsp fennel
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp meat curry powder
3 - 5 tbsp chili paste / 20 birds eye chilies
1. Heat oil in large pot.
2. Saute ingredients (A) until fragrant and oil rises to the top.
3. Add chicken, dried tamarind skin and coconut milk and simmer over low heat.
4. Stir occasionally to prevent the chicken from sticking to the pot.
5. Cook until gravy is semi dry.
6. Add grated coconut, shredded turmeric leaf and chicken cube.
7. Continue to cook until the mixture is thick and gravy coats the chicken evenly.
8. Add seasoning to taste.
Source: Dapur Tanpa Sempadan