1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 cloves garlic - chopped
3 cm ginger - chopped
1 red chilies - chopped
4 birds eye chilies - chopped
1 tsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 chicken cube
1/2 tsp cornflour
1. Rub salt and pepper all over the fish.
2. Sprinkle corn flour over fish. Heat oil in wok until hot.
3. Add in fish and deep fry until it turns crispy and golden brown.
4. Remove fish from oil and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and saute garlic, ginger, red chilies and birds eye chilies until fragrant and oil rises to the top. Remove all the ingredients from the wok and put aside.
6. In the same wok add oyster sauce, sesame oil, light soya sauce, water, chicken cube and cornflour and simmer until gravy thickens.
7. Pour sauce over the fish.
8. Sprinke fried garlic, ginger, red chilies and birds eye chilies over the fish.
9. Garnish with scalion before serving