1 onion - sliced
2 cloves garlic - sliced
1/2 inch ginger - sliced
5 bird's eye chili - sliced
1 can of pacific pilchard in brine ( see pic )
6 tbsp chili paste
3 tbsp tomato sauce
6 tbsp sweet soy sauce
2 potatoes - cut into wedges
2 tomatoes - cut into 4
1. Fry the pacific pilchard in hot oil for few minutes. ( 3-4 minutes)
2. Drain and set aside.
3. Fry potatoes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat 4 tbsp oil in frying pan.
5. Saute garlic, ginger, bird's eye chili and onion until fragrant.
6. Add chili paste and cook until oil rises to the top.
6. Add tomato sauce and sweet soy sauce.
7. Add potato and tomato
8. Add pacific pilchard. Stir fry well. Serve hot.
Note: I was craving for sardines but instead of buying sardine in tomato sauce, the other half bought pilchard in brine. So as they said, when given lemons, make lemonade, I have come out with this recipe and it has become our favorite since. It taste similar to sardines but better. So no more sardines in tomato sauce in future.