200 gm hazelnut ( with skins on )
1 tsp baking powder
50 gm dark chocolate
100 gm butter ( softened )
5 eggs ( separated )
175 gm caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Butter and line the sides and base of the cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Grind the hazelnut with the baking powder and dark chocolate in a food processor until fine. Add the butter and combine.
3. Place the egg yolks in the bowl. Add sugar and whisk until the mixture become slightly moussey.
4. Add the hazelnut mixture and vanilla essence and whisk until combined.
5. Whisk egg white and salt together until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the nut mixture.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
Source: Bake Rachel Allen