250 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
15 gm cocoa powder
113 gm butter
300 gm sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp liquid red food coloring
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. In a measuring cup, whisk the buttermilk with the red food coloring. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Add the vanilla essence.
6. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and buttermilk.
7. In a small cup, combine vinegar and baking soda. Allow mixture to fizz and quickly fold into the cake batter.
8. Bake in 175 C for 35 - 40 minutes.
Creme Fraiche Frosting
250 ml creme fraice
250 ml double cream
20 gm icing sugar
1. Process all the ingredients until smooth.
2. Place the frosting in the refrigerator until it is firm enough to spread.