140 ml vegetable oil
200 gm soft light brown sugar
300 gm grated carrot ( weight when grated )
75 gm pecans or walnut ( chopped )
180 gm self raising flour
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp mixed spice
For the orange cream cheese icing
250 gm cream cheese ( straight from the fridge )
50 gm butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 oz icing sugar, sifted
finely grated zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Oil and line the loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the oil. brown sugar, grated carrot and chopped nuts.
3. Sift in the dry ingredients and bring the mixture together using a wooden spoon.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
5. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing.
6. To make the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter until combined.
7. Add vanilla essence, icing sugar and finely grated orange zest and mix to combine.
8. Spread icing evenly over the cooled cake
Source : Bake by Rachel Allen