200 gm beef - cut into small pieces
200 gm prawn - substitute with prawn shells & heads
3 tbsp dried shrimp
2 large onion
3 cloves garlic
1 cm ginger
1 cm galangal
1 stalk lemongrass
500 gm sweet potato
3 tbsp curry powder
10 - 15 pcs of dried chilies - blend until it become a chili paste
1 chicken cube
Beans Sprouts, blanched
Yellow Noodles ( substitute with sphagetti )
Calamansi Lime, halves or quartered
Hard Boiled Egg , halves
Fried Shallots Crisps ( store bought )
1. In a large pot with boiling water add the beef and simmer until beef is tender.
2. Remove the beef and using the same water, add sweet potatoes and prawn shells in to the pot. Boil until sweet potato is tender. Add water if necessary.
3. Remove sweet potato and strain the stock. Set aside the stock. Discard the prawn heads and shells). Blend the sweet potatoes using the stock until fine.
4. Blend onion, garlic, galangal, ginger, lemon grass and dried shrimp until finely ground and well blended.
5. Heat oil in large pot. Stir fry chili paste until oil rises to the top.
6. Add all blended ingredients and cook until fragrant.
7. Add curry powder and cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until oil rises to the top.
8. Add beef.
9. Add blended sweet potatoes.
10. Add enough water depending on how thick you want your gravy to be.
11. Add salt and sugar to taste and bring to boil on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
12. To serve, place a portion of yellow noodles, bean sprouts in a bowl. Ladle hot stock over. Top with calamansi lime, egg quarters, tofu and sprinkle with shallot crisps.
13. Serve immediately