6 oz caster sugar
6 oz butter
6 oz self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 large eggs
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
2 tsp grated orange rind
1 tbsp cocoa powder ( mix with 2tbsp hot water )
For the icing:
100 gm plain chocolate
15 gm butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
strips of orange rind, for decoration
1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined
3. Add flour and baking powder
4. Divide the mixture into two.
5. Add orange juice and orange rind into one of the mixture and add cocoa powder into the other mixture.
6. Spoon the mixture randomly into a greased and line cake tin.
7. Bake at 300F until skewer inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
8. For the icing, place the chocolate, butter and syrup in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat, stir until smooth and leave to thicken.
9. Spread over the cake.
Source : MamaFaMi's Spice n Splendour