1 whole chicken - cut into small pieces
2 cloves garlic - crushed
1 inch ginger
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 bowl of hot boiling water
1. Soak all the spices in the hot boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. Keep the water aside as well. Do not throw the water.
2. Blend garlic and onion until fined
3. Heat oil in large pot.
4. Saute blended ingredients until fragrant.
5. Add ginger and spices and stir fry for few minutes.
6. Add chicken.
7. Add the water that is used to soak all the spices.
8. Add another bowl of water.
9. Add carrot and potato.
10. Simmer until vegetable are tender
11. Add salt and simmer until thoroughly heated.
12. Serve hot
Source: My Resipi