8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup margerine/butter
1 1/2 plain flour
1/2 pound mushroom - chopped
1 onion - chopped
2 tbsp butter/ margarine
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp water
1. For Pastry : Beat cream cheese and butter until well combined.
2. Add flour bit by bit and knead it to make a dough.
3. Wrap dough with cling film and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. For Filling : Heat butter in frying pan.
5. Add mushroom and onion and cook until mushroom become soft.
6. Add sour cream, flour, salt and thyme. Mix until well combined.
7. Remove from stove.
8. Divide the filling equally onto the centre of the pastry.
9. Brush all the edges of the pastry lightly with the egg wash ( egg+ water).
10. Then seal the edges and press the edges with your fingers. Brush the top of the turnovers with egg wash.
11. Bake the turnovers for 25 minutes at 450F .
Source: JC EAST MEETS WEST KITCHEN