8 oz self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
8 oz butter
8 oz caster sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Sift flour and baking powder and fold in gently to mix.
4. Tip half of the cake mixture into another large bowl and into this bowl, fold in the sifted cocoa powder.
5. Place the cake mixtures into the prepared tin by alternating spoonfuls of the batter with the chocolate batter, then with a skewer, gently draw swirls through the cake mixture to marblise it.
6. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 300 F or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.